Version updated 18 April 2020
This Policy sets out the basis on which any information that personally identifies you or enables us to contact you (“Personal Information”) that we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be used.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://mikescrafton.com.
You are welcome to use our website, which can be accessed and browsed without the need to submit any contact details or other Personal Information.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process your Personal Information that you provide in the following ways:
- When you visit our site we may automatically collect the details of your IP address and web-browser type.
- If you choose to contact us through the website, we will collect the information you voluntarily provide to us. We’ve tried to limit this to the bare essentials and the contact form ‘plugin’ that we use does not write personal information to the website’s databases.
Use of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
- If you have contacted us via the contact form provided on our website, we may use the information you have provided, specifically your email address, and your name (if you provide it), to respond to your inquiry. The information provided in the contact form may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
- We use details of your IP address to know if anyone is reading the content on the website (basic analytics/visitor metrics – using a privacy-friendly ‘plugin’ at website level) without sharing the information with third parties.
- We use details of web-browser type to ensure the website is designed for the browsers being used by visitors.
Disclosure of information
We will never share your Personal Information with any third party without your consent, except:
- in the circumstances set out in this Policy, or
- when we are required to do so by law, or
- in the unlikely event that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interference with our rights.
You can find out more about cookies and how to manage how your browser handles cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
Our website may contain links to other sites that may use cookie technology. We do not have access to, or control over, these cookies.
Embedded content from other websites
It is not our preference to embed third party content directly into the pages of our website.
However, in the event that articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.) you should be aware that embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Storage, security and international transfer of information
Any Personal Information that you provide to us is stored on our server in Switzerland and kept in a reasonably secure environment. We will only store your Personal Information in our systems for as long as is necessary.
We use reasonable precautions to protect your Personal Information and to store it securely. Our website has a secure SSL certificate, a global standard security technology that enables encrypted communication between the web browser and the web server.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We will do our best to protect your Personal Information, but cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk.
Our website is hosted and operated within the European Economic Area (EEA). We do not currently envisage any requirement for the transfer, processing or storage of your Personal Information outside the EEA.
Access to Personal Information
You have the right to access your Personal Information that we hold. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable privacy legislation, including the right to request that we erase any personal data we hold about you.
Changes to our Policy
Our Policy may change in the future if we add functionality to the website for example, allowing comments or subscription to an email newsletter. If we decide to allow comments it is likely that we will collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
This policy will be updated to reflect any such changes. The version of the Policy will be shown at start of the Policy for the purposes of comparison.